Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ensenada Grande/Los Islotes 1-12-10 to 1-13-10

There are three lobes in Ensenada Grande, we stayed in the largest Southern lobe.
The welcoming committee from Windward Star and Magenta.


Jesse's Girl in our favorite stop in both of the islands we visited.
Again I kayaked while Jesse had a rest.










All by me onesies.



The next morning we got up early and headed out to Los Islotes so I could swim with the sea lions. Here is the Northern side of the island.

The natural rock formations are pretty impressive around here.



A National Geographic boat was there with us exploring in a couple 20 person tenders.
The little blob in the water is me snorkeling. Jesse dropped me off and circled for an hour. The female seals came up first, then there were a few babies that followed, and soon there were dozens swarming around me. There was only one male that started out toward me, I quickly swam the other way to avoid an aggressive display of behavior. Friends have described the males getting in their faces and barking. Luckily I did not seem threatening and there was no issue.

Then it was back to La Paz...

No comments: